CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

WARNING: It's lengthy.

We just began our newest Women’s Bible Study at church. I have actually been looking forward to this. I like to get into God’s word and find out what he has for me but I’m not good at just going and doing it. Does that make sense at all? I like to have a scheduled thing that basically makes me take out 30-40 minutes to just sit down with God. Have a talk with God, get in His word, & find out just what he has for me that day.

Yesterday was on Seeking God first. That Jesus is our way & we don’t need a road map. I’m the type of person that when The Lord tells me to do something I say “Who, what, where, when, how, & why, Lord?” Yesterday’s lesson was on saying “what would you have me to do Lord?” It had us read about Abraham in Genesis when God had Abraham take Isaac and sacrifice him. Abraham didn’t ask “who, what, where, when, how, and why” he just simply said “God will provide” when Isaac asked what was to be sacrificed. That took some guts. The lesson taught me that it’s okay not knowing what tomorrow holds and made me look at myself and see if I could just say “Lord, I’ll follow you, you just tell me where to go and what to do” We don’t have to know the specifics at that giving moment. It was just neat to me.

We were also given this paper to fill out. We had to write things like what our goal in life was and our purpose. I had a goal, it was to be a youth leader and Sunday school teacher. My purpose? I have no idea. I have yet to figure it out. I know that I want to do whatever God wants me to do and I want it to bring Him glory. I just don’t yet know what that purpose is. I hope I figure it out soon because my life, as of now, is going nowhere fast.

“Not that I speak in respect of want, but I have learned, whatsoever state I am: therewith to be content” –Philippians 4:11. That was some huge words for Paul to say. He was beaten and imprisoned… and he said “I am content”. I pray that I can be a Paul. Speaking of Bible Characters. That paper also had us write down which one we were most like. Mine was John the Beloved. Not when he was older but while he was young. He was the youngest apostle of Christ. I’m sort of like him in the way that I hang out with a lot of older people at church and things. Such as my Mom, Tonya, Carol, Carolyn, my SILs, my Dad, my brothers. The thing is, I love it. Just for the simple fact that I can learn so much from these people. I gain wisdom and knowledge off of them and I think that’s what John did. Does that make sense or should I just find a new Bible character to resemble?

I believe this is enough random shenanigans for the day. I’ll get at you tomorrow, or whenever I take the notion.

1 comments:

chadandnikki said...

You're doing Experiencing God right? I love that study. I did it about 10 years ago, but have been thinking about doing it again. Enjoy those awesome Bible Studies, and learn from them.