CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 5, 2009

July 4, 2009:)

Hi my blogosphere:) I am alive. I am here! Just thought I would drop in & say that. I would have told you where I was going but I couldn't get the video uploaded in time before I left. Sorry, about that.

SO .. about the fourth.
On the fourth 13 years ago to that day my Pawpaw died. (Dad's dad). Just thought I would share that with you because it's important. I was 5 and the last memory I have of him is kissing him on the cheek:) The most precious memory that I could have.

I spent my fourth in Robbinsville, North Carolina. If you looked them up on google you would be saying "why in the world would you go there?" and I must say I loved it. I got to spend fourth with my Dad & brothers & plenty of other people that I love so dearly (I'll get pictures up tomorrow!). It was way fun & my SIL, Nikki, & nephew, Clayton, surprised my brother, Chad, by showing up for the "parade". Brother Daniel's wife, Joy, said normally the parade is amazing up there and packed out but there just wasn't really one this year, that everyone canceled. So the parade was just the wagon train. Still yet cool. Clayton had his first horse ride with his daddy!! Way adorable and awesome.

As you may be thinking why I would go there (other than the fact that I miss my dad & brothers).. I must say Daniel took us up to one of his friends houses, who has an amazing view, and let us watch the fireworks. I videoed them but it will never do them justice. (I'll try to upload the video later). It is the most amazing fireworks I have ever seen in my life. I have seen them over Lake James (which is beautiful) and over the ocean @ Oak Island (which is still pretty). But there was nothing like sitting on top of that mountain (literally I was on the grass) & watching them. I want to go back next year and watch the fireworks from there. It was BEAUTIFUL! && the echo was the best part. It sounded throughout the mountains all around you and it was just like and echo circle. The video doesn't let you hear it but it was amazing. You go outside and look up and it's mountians. Daniel's pasture is part of a mountain. It's just AWESOME!

I have decided that if I can get off work next year, I'm going on that wagon train...

@ Daniel's church this morning (Cedar Cliff Baptist Church) they had an awesome Independence Day service. && this women sung this song (with help from the choir which = AMAZING! I honestly looked at this woman in the choir and I knew she could sing! But this song is amazing (to me) for the fourth. It's truth. and we had service when she got to the second verse ;)

Read it all the way through before you say "this is boring".

Statue of Liberty
In New York Harbor stands a lady
With a torch raised to the sky;
And all who see her know she stands for
Liberty for you and me.
I’m so proud to be an American,
To be named with the brave and the free.
I will honor the flag and our trust in God,
And the Statue of Liberty.
On lonely Golgotha stood a cross,
With my Lord raised to the sky;
And all who kneel there live forever,
As all the saved can testify.
I’m so glad to be called a Christian,
To be named with the ransomed and whole.
As the Statue liberates the citizen,
So the Cross liberates the soul.
Oh, the Cross is my Statue of Liberty,
It was there that my soul was set free.
Unashamed I’ll proclaim that a rugged cross
Is my Statue of Liberty.

How awesome and true is that?

1 comments:

Simply Donna...... said...

your getting really good with this blog stuff - I need to know how you added your signature.